Corpus Christ’s population of around 300,000 and visitors for business and general tourists are well served when it comes to seafood alternatives. The City is one of the largest seaport in the whole of the USA and is well served by its International Airport. After a day at work there are few better ways to enjoy the evening than to go to a nice restaurant and sample the fresh fish that is brought in each day? Tourists may enjoy the North Beach area by day visiting the State Aquarium and the USS Lexington Museum then select one of the top seafood restaurants to complete a perfect day.
It is a difficult decision to agree on the best one but here is a selection of contenders:
- Doc’s Seafood & Steak Restaurant on South Padre Island Drive is a great place to watch a sunset as you enjoy the wonderful cuisine. After the heat of the day it offers a varied menu which changes by the season.
- Water Street Seafood Co on North Water Street hasn’t got an extensive menu yet everything on offer is fresh and reasonably priced as well.
- Snoopy’s Pier on South Padre Island Drive gives regulars the chance to order before they take their tables though if they are undecided and happy to take their time then there is no need.
- Blackbeard’s On The Beach on Surfside Boulevard provides a fun atmosphere for families and has enough choice to ensure children will find something they are sure to enjoy.
- Water Street Oyster Bar and Sushi Bar on North Water Street gets busy so it is worth timing your visit before the crowds gather. Shrimp and oyster are particularly good, the latter especially when the sea is at its coldest.
- Landry’s Seafood House on North Shoreline Boulevard is a franchise which is not cheap but can provide a great atmosphere for a special evening.
- Saltwater Grill on Cinnamon keeps long hours and is a little off the beaten path but it is certainly worth finding for its fresh fish and friendly service.
- Catfish Charlie’s on Mcardle Road is an informal place with great shrimps and really cold beer.
- Mikel May’s Beachside Bar and Grill on South Padre Island Drive offers great views as you enjoy your food. You couldn’t get closer to the water and its scores for price and the casual atmosphere.
- Yardarm Restaurant on Ocean Drive may not be cheap but it is usually busy with locals who have made it a favorite.
There is little doubt the seafood is a great choice when visiting Corpus Christi while locals never seen to tire of eating shrimp, oyster and the like. There is usually no need to dress up to enjoy the food but on the occasions that are special some of these places suit your making a little effort if you want to. If you in the City for a few days or are going to visit on a regular basis these restaurants form a good basis for dinner any day.